Monday, August 10, 2009

My internet is making me sad...

Or rather, my lack of internet is making me sad. I had to go to the library again to get internet access. Even my laptop won't work with the wifi here, I think there's something wrong with it. I'm sad because I didn't get to watch the end of the Doctor Who episode I started yesterday ('Christmas Invasion' - introducing David Tennant, I missed the episode first time round) so I've seen the first half but don't know how it ends! Very frustrating, and it ran out yesterday on iPlayer so I won't be able to watch it later. Will have to see if I can get it out YouTube or something... Also annoyed as I wanted to order some glasses before I go off again so won't be able to do that for another couple of weeks *sigh*. Am currently trying to figure out what exhibitions I want to go to while I'm nearer London (in a week or so) because I'm off today so I have to sort it now or tomorrow at Carol's while I have internet access. And it would be much more useful if I can do it now... Also looking up some of the recommended art books for uni, looks like one of them is actually here on the shelves so will go look for that as soon as I'm off the computer. Might look up some chick lit too, I need to start reading a bit more to stop myself from being so annoyed about the internet situation. But I suppose I've got to spend most of today packing for Soul Survivor anyway, need to go to Tesco on the way home as well to get a plastic plate and stuff... If there are any nice ones. Also got to get a few other bits and bobs. Hmm.

Anyway, went to New Wine last week which was awesome. VERY muddy I must admit, I need to clean my shoes properly before tomorrow. Should be a bit different to last week as I'm going to be with a huge youth group rather than just by myself (well, I was with my parents last week but spent most of the time without them). Took me a while to properly meet anyone but made the acquaintance of some very nice people at New Wine. I was sad to have to leave a little early on Saturday night (about quarter to ten in the evening) to go home because they were still worshipping (Very loud music and lots of jumping, great fun). At the beginning of the evening meeting I think there was a conga line... That happened a few times in the week, lol. We also did a whole mexican wave thing which was rather amusing. In one of the morning meetings they had a moshing competition going on, I declined to join in but was watching on, being rather entertained nonetheless. I thought that all of the talks were really excellent, and it was all quite powerful stuff really. I'm looking forward to next week as I think it'll be rather good. Though I'm so exhausted from last week that I'm not sure I'll be able to gather up the appropriate energy and enthusiasm, lol. That'll probably change when I see Amy and Heather and everyone on Wednesday. Lol, last week we were camped on one of the furthest sites from the main venues possible - there were only about 2 sites further than us (and not by much). It took about 15 minutes to walk to the main venues which we did, there and back, about 3 times a day. Seeing as I haven't exactly been doing much walking since moving house, it was a rather big change. I didn't feel it at the time but it is catching up with me a bit. Hopefully at Soul Survivor we'll be a bit closer...

Anyway, better go, I've got about an hour left of internet access and I really want to figure out all the exhibition stuff. Busy busy busy.

No comments: