Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm baaaack :)

Hey there, well I'm back from Soul Survivor which was amazing. Fantastic worship, very powerful seminars and talks which were very interesting and it was nice to get to know some of the people I went with better. Also, I discovered some rather awesome worship songs which I love - I've just bought 'Cannons' by Phil Wickham which has two of the songs that we sang at Soul Survivor that I liked - 'Cannons' and 'Beautiful'. I particularly liked 'Beautiful'. I've also ordered Ben Cantelon's new CD 'Running After You' and Matt Redman's new CD 'We shall not be shaken'. I also re-fell in love with a couple of songs - 'Mighty to Save' by Hillsong and 'Jesus Saves' by Tim Hughes.

I feel quite re-energised mentally from going to Soul Survivor and I'm really glad I went. I am however rather exhausted from all of the camping and keep needing sleep, lol.
One thing that has been rather good is that I've been re-inspired to read the bible, recently reading bits I'm finding myself wondering why I ever became disinterested in the first place. It really is a very interesting read, it just gets boring in a few bits (such as Leviticus and Deuteronomy - I'm going for some later books, lol). So I've new plans for bible reading which is great, I've got new worship music which is also great and I'll soon have some more free time to actually spend time with God so that's rather cool.

I've got a few of the recommended art books out from the library here so I've got a few days to read them (not sure I'll completely finish them but some is better than none). I have also booked my Life in the UK test for the beginning of Sept so I need to study for that when I get back home.

But yes, tonight I'm seeing some of my friends which should be good fun as I haven't seen them in a while. Tomorrow I'm planning to go into London and see some art exhibitions as I haven't seen any in a while and it's been advised by my soon-to-be uni that we visit some when we can. Then Thursday is results day (Eeeee!) and Friday is Carol's birthday and we'll be off back to my house (she's staying for the weekend :D).

So all is good really, I'm rather happy with life at the moment though I have been feeling a bit challenged by various things, it's always good to have a bit of a challenge in life. Now I'm off to put up Soul Survivor photos on Facebook, yay! :)

No comments: