Friday, January 16, 2009

Twilight Score/Soundtrack

I was just looking for the Twilight soundtrack on Amazon and I first came across the film score. I've been listening to the clips from it and they're really amazing! I think my favourite is probably 'Bella's Lullaby' because it's kind of odd and awkward but really beautiful or possibly 'Edward at her bed' because it's got the same oddness but also has more of a conventional bit. I probably wouldn't be able to say until I've listened to more than just the clips. I think I should start listening to film scores more often because I really do love them, I just never really listen to them. I loved the LOTR score (but then who wouldn't)...

I am currently looking up and listening to the actual soundtrack (from this channel on youtube). Ooh, I'm liking 'Supermassive Black Hole' - Muse. I think this was from the baseball scene. I like the intro of the song the most, though the whole song is fantastic.
Ooh! I think this one was one of the ones I wanted to find... 'Leave Out All The Rest' - Linkin Park. Good stuff.

Lol, just came across a great quote from Twilight - when Bella and Edward make their relationship public:
'You know, everybody's staring' - Bella
'Not that guy, oh, no he just looked' - Edward

I love 'Spotlight (Twilight mix)' - Mutemath, it's all bouncy and fun (though the intro is rather different - a bit too loud...), plus it's from the bit mentioned above. Actually, that's probably another scene to add to my 'Favourite Film Bits'. Ooh, and the bit where Bella first sees the Cullens - partly because of the music and partly due to the bit where Jessica says something along the lines of 'Apparently, no one here's good enough for him' about Edward to Bella and Edward gets that 'amused smile' as he's going to his table. 'Go All The Way (Into The Twilight)' - Perry Farrell is quite fun as well, though not as good as Spotlight I think. I'm not a huge fan of the intro to 'Tremble For My Beloved' - Collective Soul, but I do really like the actual body of the song. Mm, I like the intro to 'I Caught Myself' - Paramore, but the rest of it gets a little annoying after a while. Ooh, I like 'Eyes On Fire' - Blue Foundation, it's all calm and lovely. I think that might have been one of the others that I specifically wanted to find... I don't really like Rob Pattinson's song ('Never Think'), I do like the guitar music but it's just his voice that I don't hugely like, it's not really the style of singing I like - though he does have quite a good voice. Ooh! I've found another one that I remember loving, 'Flightless Bird, American Mouth' - Iron & Wine :). Yay, and they've got 'Bella's Lullaby' - Carter Burwell, at the end :). Ooh! I've just clicked that it's from the bit where Edward is playing the piano to Bella in his house. That's another favourite bit - mainly musically as opposed to it being particularly fascinating (as it has little dialogue though some rather nice shots).

Yes, so now I've listened to all of them, I think my favourite songs from the soundtrack are 'Bella's Lullaby' and 'Supermassive Black Hole' first, then 'Leave Out The Rest' and 'Spotlight (Twilight mix)' equal second (but still very close to first) followed by 'Eyes On Fire' and 'Flightless Bird, American Mouth' equal third. Basically I just love the soundtrack, lol. The most dancy ones are 'Supermassive Black Hole' and 'Spotlight' (after the intro). Yay! I love finding new fun music *grins*.

While I've been listening to these I've been tidying up my desk, I've now taken a photo of my finished wasgij puzzle and packed it away (it took longer than I though - the pieces like staying together). So now I've got some space to get on and do all the art work I desperately need to do!
Oh yes, and I had another Uni interview today which I think went reasonably well, no idea whether I got in or not but we'll see. I'm not too bothered as I've already got into the two that I wanted most but I would like to get the offer so that I'd still have the choice. And I'd feel less rejected, lol. So I must be off, plenty to do. Au Revoir!

P.S. I've now got rid of a few songs from my music player and added a few of the Twilight ones (to the beginning). I <3 Twilight music. Enjoy :)

No comments: