Friday, August 28, 2009

Uni stuff...

Well, after I woke up today (I was going to say 'this morning', but that would be incorrect..., hey, I was awake late watching Mansfield Park! - not much of an excuse, I know... But anyway -), I spent a while sorting out stuff for uni. I rang up the student finance people (had to answer a whole lot of security questions - one of which I got wrong, lol - 3rd and 6th letters of the answer to my security question, I can't count, I kept saying the 7th one. It's hard when it's not written down! Or I'm just a bit thick, lol) but anyway, I had to complain because it said that an offer thingy hadn't come through yet because they were waiting on evidence, but I'd sent off and received back my passport already. Found out that it was actually my parents' supporting forms that they were waiting on, and in fact they probably aren't waiting on them (they were sent off at the same time as my passport) - they're just processed by different people than those that process the passport, so it'll just be that they haven't all been processed and stuff. So, I have to wait a couple of weeks and if nothing has happened I have to ring them back.

But, in better news, I've finally been offered accommodation - I just need to sort out my change of address at the bank tomorrow and then I'll accept the accommodation offer (I don't know if branch sort codes change if you change local branch, and I can't find out anywhere so I'll ask tomorrow when I go in). So, it's all coming together now, that's quite scary. I've just spent this evening going through all of these student forum posts and so on and creating a list of things I need to bring to Uni. I'll have to buy some of this stuff as time goes along, haven't got that long really. I've also received a letter with a form I need to fill in and send back for my uni ID card. I'll have to do that tomorrow I guess, need to go get a passport picture taken as well.

In other news, I stewed plums this afternoon, first time I've done that. I remember my grandma used to always do stewed fruit for dessert when we went to visit her, and she made jam and stuff from the fruit she grew in her back garden. My first attempt at stewed plums didn't go brilliantly, I think I put too much sugar and water in, it ended up being more like a kind of plum syrup. Very tasty as an ice cream topping, but on it's own a little too intense. Ah well, I know for next time. I think that I'm going to get mum to teach me some cooking skills over the next couple of weeks - I often ask what she puts in certain dishes, but it's different to hear it and to actually do it, so I think it'll be a good idea. Should also be kind of fun, I do like cooking, when it's something interesting.

Anywho, better go get some sleep, got to be up early tomorrow to go to the bank...

1 comment:

Jingle Bella said...

I think the thing with stewed fruit is to use very little water (I start off with just enough to cover the bottom of the pan so it doesn't scorch), and add a tiny bit of sugar to start with and then more as you go along :)