Sunday, February 15, 2009

Soul Sista

I went to a Soul Sista day yesterday, it was rather good really. I think my favourite seminar was 'Love me, love me not' which was about knowing yourself and being yourself, not letting other people and their wants, perceptions or expectations shape you into someone you don't really want to be. It was quite interesting. The worship was great as well - my favourite worship song atm is 'Hosanna' by Hillsong. I've now added it to my music player. I've also put 'This is our God' and 'The Stand' by Hillsong on there (plus a bunch of random songs I like). The part of 'The Stand' that I actually know/love is towards the end, at the places we've sung it we haven't sung the whole song - we've just sung the later bit that goes:

I'll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe, of the One who gave it all
I'll stand, my soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

Also, the part of 'Hosanna' that affects me the most is the part that goes:

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

I adore that song...

Anyway, on other notes, I'm looking forward to spending most of this week asleep! Well, not really I suppose, but I will get to lie in quite a bit. 'twill be nice. I've got lots of work to get done this half term, I've made an enormous list of everything I've got to do. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have everything done, but we'll see...

Also, this morning I was helping mum out in creche, I realised why I adore children so much, we just had one lovely little girl called Olivia, I think she's about three months old, or a little more. She was extremely well behaved, she didn't cry once. I love kids at that age, they just lie there, look around, jabber away (well, some of them - Olivia was kind of sing-jabbering for a little bit, the rest of the time she was very quiet) and occasionally try to move (she's mastered the rolling onto her tummy but can't seem to roll back over again - her parents said she seems to have forgotten this as she used to be able to do it, lol). *sigh*, she was so adorable.

But yes, I'm going to go start doing some tidying of my room now, lots to do, not quite enough time...

No comments: