Earlier today I was in town (I took my mummy out for a lovely lunch :D) and I had a bit of a wander around Waterstone's. I saw a whole lot of books that I really want! (Or at least want to find in the library to read). I thought I'd put a wish list here :P.
Also, I found a book which I think I'll buy my dad for Christmas. I shall be making a list of things to buy people soon...
My Book Wishlist
- 'The Gift' by Cecelia Ahern
- 'Thanks for the Memories' by Cecelia Ahern (Actually, my local library does actually have this, it's just on loan)
- 'The General' by Robert Muchamore (I'll probably just read this when they get it at the library)
- 'Alex Rider: The Mission Files' by Anthony Horowitz (Ok, maybe I don't want it that much, but you've got to admit, it's cool.)
- The book that I'm going to get dad but won't mention here in case he reads it.
- This particular exclusive copy of 'Pride and Prejudice'. It's so gorgeous! (I don't really need it, I've actually got 2 copies of the book already, but I'm going to give one away, and I got both of them from Oxfam I think...)
- Possibly also the copy of 'Sense and Sensibility' from the same theme (again I have an Oxfam-bought copy, but I think it's a little damaged. And not half as pretty :P)
- 'Cookie' by Jacqueline Wilson
- Any giftbook by Edward Monkton (I'm not sure if they're really worth it as they contain so little, but they are just so lovely!)
- 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' by J.K.Rowling (Well, I am in fact, getting this for myself - I pre-ordered it a while back... I'll just have to go in in December and get it :) )
- A pretty box set of the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy. Like this one. But not necessarily so fancy. I just really want a box set of something... I wanted a Harry Potter one but that seems a bit daft now as I've got 6 of the 7 books - I picked them all up at various times from charity shops, apart from Deathly Hallows which dad went and bought for me when it came out :D.
- 'Fabulous Doodles' by Nellie Ryan (Maybe not... but I like the idea behind it)
- The Immortals quartet (has to have the recent cover art - like this one, not sure who the artist is)
- 'Bloodhound' by Tamora Pierce (Actually, it's not out til April next year, I only just realised that... Oh well, should be good anyway)
Well, I'll stop now... I think I'll save my dreams of box sets and pretty covers until I'm old, rich and have my own library in my house. I already need a new bookshelf... there are so many books! Really I don't know if I hugely want any books this December, I've already run out of room for books... And soon I'll be off to Uni and will have nowhere to put them! *sigh* But I just love them so much!
Anyway, I've now spent ages wasting time browsing books. Now I must get back to my work. I've got quite a lot done actually! My half term is being fairly productive. Tell you about it later.