Thursday, April 19, 2007

Uni and Music (but not together)

The uni bit of this blog is from/adapted from an e-mail I just wrote to Sarah, as I can't be bothered to re-write anything...

I'm not actually that stressed which is in one way good and one way bad...
Good because I'm not too worried/losing sleep etc.
Bad because I'm not doing much revision, I don't know the stuff as well as I did last time, I stressed last time and got fairly good marks... so yeah.
NEED TO DO REVISION.

Went to Surrey University today to see a whole bunch of uni stalls and talk to people about courses and get prospectuses. PAIN. The prospectuses are reeeeeeally heavy. And I had 21 of them (most people only had 10-15... but that's me). Ouch. Had to carry them home and everything too. I had several plastic bags to carry them (the slightly more classy type but still just as easily ripped...). Got one 'one side shoulder' backpack thingy - a bright yellow plastic version, from Aberystwyth University of Wales (which I may go to if I decide to do computing...) and that managed to hold out til I got off the bus close to home. Then it broke and I had to carry it hug-wise to lug it all the way home. Ech. But they will be useful. Especially since I don't know what I'm going to do at Uni. I even got a prospectus about studying at a Uni in Australia or NZ (NZ obv if I choose one). So yeah. I'd probs go to Vic, Massey, Auckland Uni or Otago. And that's only if I go in NZ... there's a million more to choose from in London alone let along England as a whole or even Wales... (Probably won't go in Scotland or Ireland but maybe Wales... I like Wales, it's nice. Kind of like NZ. But closer.)

Avril Lavigne songs are awesome. Been listening to more recently, especially from 'Under my skin', have only heard one from 'Best Damn Thing' - Girlfriend.

[[Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend!
No way, no way, I think you need a new one;
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend;
Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me;
No way, no way, no it's not a secret;
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend]]

Oh yeah, great morals. But I love it.
Also like 'Nobody's Home' quite a lot, heard it for the first time a little bit ago...


[[She wants to go home, but nobody's home, that's where she lies, broken inside;
With no place to go, no place to go, to dry her eyes, broken inside;
She's lost inside, she's lost inside, oh, oh, she's lost inside, she's lost inside, oh, oh, ooo...]]


Very cheerful and uplifting I know...
It's good.
I need chocolate. Or something else comforting. I feel all depressed/nyer and stuff. Not quite sure why. Well, music is making me happy.

[[Be yourself, who are you?
Who knows what could happen;
Do what you do, just keep on laughing;
One thing's true, there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day]]


This is the bit where I put various lyrics on here and try to find things to write in between to seperate them.

[[I am small and the world is big, but I'm not afraid of anything;
How does it feel to be different from me, are we the same?]]

Something that amused my brain greatly today was my attempt at humming and 'humming' (inside my head) two different songs at the same time - Set fire to the third bar (Snowpatrol) and Nobody's Home (Avril). I think they'd make quite a good mash up. Possibly only when they're back and forth rather than combined but yeah.

[[I don't want to fall to pieces, I just want to sit and stare at you;
I don't want to talk about it.
And I don't want a conversation, I just want to cry in front of you;
I don't want to talk about it cause I'm in love with you]]


[[Want to know how you feel, want to know what is real, I wanna know everything]]

Oooh! Just thought about it - another fave Avril recently is 'Take me Away' it is goodly. Very :P.

[[All the pain I thought I knew,
All the thoughts lead back to you,
back to what was never said,
back and forth inside my head]]

Yeah - that was part of 'Take me Away' It's good. Trust me. Or maybe don't... your choice.

[[Well I’m not paralyzed
But, I seem to be struck by you
I wanna make you move
Because you’re standing still
If your body matches
What your eyes can do
You’ll probably move right through
Me on my way to you ]]

This is from 'Paralyzer' by Finger Eleven. Fantastic beat. You really gotta hear it. The lyrics are better with the beat.

[[Fully alive, more than most,
Ready to smile, and love life
Fully alive, and she knows,
How to believe, in futures]]

Flyleaf - Fully Alive. Good music.

Anyway, I'm going to run now. Away. From you. Quickly.

No comments: