Sunday, July 16, 2006

33 things kids should do before they're 10

Found this here and decided to have a look through and see which ones I did myself before I was 10 :).

1. Roll on your side down a grassy bank
Definately
2. Make a mud pie
Yep
3. Make your own modelling dough mixture
Playdough, yeah.
4. Collect frogspawn
What exactly is frogspawn? Tadpoles? If so then I've seen them and stuff but not collected them myself.
5. Make perfume from flower petals
Probably
6. Grow cress on a windowsill
A school windowsill, yes.
7. Make a papier mâché mask
Yep :D
8. Build a sandcastle
Of course!
9. Climb a tree
All the time
10. Make a den in the garden
Umm... Yes! We made a den thing in the funny tree thing behind the bushes, it was really cool!
11. Make a painting using your hands and feet
Obviously
12. Organise your own teddy bears' picnic
Um... can't say I remember doing that, possibly at Kindy.
13. Have your face painted
Many times
14. Play with a friend in the sand
Yep
15. Make some bread
Um... nope, I made some bread when I was 11 but not 10 I don't think... Unless cake counts of course.
16. Make snow angels
Sorry, never saw snow til I was about 10-ish and we didn't make snow angels we just skiied and made snowmen. I probably made a sand angel...
17. Create a clay sculpture
Err... playdough sculpture?
18. Take part in a scavenger hunt
More than one - did some at easter looking for our easter eggs :D and other random ones at various times.
19. Camp out in the garden
Yes! For my adventure badge at school, me and mum camped in a tent in our backgarden, but when we woke up I touched the tent and the rain came through...
20. Bake a cake
For sure
21. Feed a farm animal
Yep, in kindy I got to feed a little lamb :) One of our teachers called Olivia brought it in and I fed it (as did several other kids) with a little baby bottle type thing with milk in it. Awww....
22. Pick some strawberries
Um... probably, picked rasberries, and I think strawberries too... yeah.
23. Play pooh sticks
I think so, vague memory, down south we went to a park and I think I played it there... possibly.
24. Recognise five different bird species
Uh... probably not, wasn't that interested in birds.
25. Find some worms
Yep
26. Ride a bike through a muddy puddle
Couldn't ride a bike til I was about 14 so no, possibly a tricycle though.
27. Make and fly a kite
Yep, flown proper kites and made and flown plastic bag kites on string :)
28. Plant a tree
I think so, yeah, at school.
29. Build a nest out of grass and twigs
Probably.
30. Find ten different leaves in the park
Yeah I think so.
31. Grow vegetables
Well we did grow parsley and tomatoes and stuff in our back garden but I don't know if I had anything to do with it. I probably helped a little bit so I'll say yes.
32. Make breakfast in bed for your parents
Yep, Mother/Father's Days.
33. Make a mini assault course in your garden/the park
Probably yes actually, the park not our garden, didn't actually make anything just like made up games pretending the tree was a vault or whatever... hmm.. I'll say yes.

So not too bad about 26, a few 'um... possibly?'s so my childhood wasn't too deprived :P.

No comments: