Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mock Exams

My mocks started today, Science in the morning - I did answer all the questions but am not sure about quite a bit of it - and then I had an R.E. trip (for our coursework) afterwards. The trip wasn't too bad, we went to a Gurdwara - Sikh place of worship. We all had to remove our shoes and put on headscarves (I accidently took mine home - borrowed from my teacher, will have to bring it in tomorrow...) . Firstly, we went into a little classroom and all squished into sitting position, I was sitting on the edge/corner of a small table - not realising we would be there for long. We were there for an hour. Before it was half over I was thinking 'hurry up I really need to stand up...' and not concentrating on what he was saying - I found out later there were a few similar cases. Then we went to their prayer hall thingy (don't remember what it was called... something beginning with D) and walked round a bit looking at the holy book and the lady who was reading it out. Then we went down for langar (a meal prepared for everyone - by volunteers) which was nice, wasn't sure if I'd like it but I thought I'd try it. There was a little bit of bread (naan/roti or something), some vegetable soupy-type curry with a weird aftertaste, some chunky vegetable curry (really nice) and some really sweet porridge stuff. It was alright and Chels and Jodie plus a few others went up for seconds (we had been told we could if we liked). Then after that we got to go home. The whole trip smelt weird - the coach when we went there and back smelt of smoke and stale air and the Gurdwara just smelt odd, or different. But all in all the trip wasn't that bad. The coach trips were interesting... listening to the radio on Chels' phone and with the other ear listening to other peoples conversations, such as Hayley and Maxwell's. On the way back Maxwell started discussing things like his Xbox is better than a woman (Doesn't nag and is 'sexy' according to him) so it was an interesting discussion to vaguely listen to. I remember when Hayley and Maxwell in Science were having a conversation - 'the battle of the sexes' type thing - and Maxwell said 'What can girls do that boys can't?' and Hayley replied 'Breast-feed' so he started on about how boys could piss over walls. But I really think the girls thing is far more productive and pollutes far less. Anyway... off the odd subject of Maxwell and Hayley's discussions...

I discovered today that I have to go in tomorrow for a Stats exam - I knew everyone was doing Maths and I've done Maths last year but I thought perhaps I might have Stats - Za said yes we do and he thinks that it's the practise paper we were given before - hopefully it isn't 'cause if it is I'm screwed because I could only do less than half of that one. Hmm... darn Statistics - really hate it, especially as I just work from a textbook. English exams as well tomorrow - I'm in school all day doing exams - as is everyone in our year one Maths and two English. I'm sure I'll survive but it'll be a bad day - I hate English and Stats...

No comments: