Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Films :)

I've been watching a whole lot of films over the last few days (whilst doing artwork). I've watched Julie and Julia, Star Trek, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, John Tucker Must Die and probably a couple of others that I can't remember.

I thought that Julie and Julia was excellent, the thing I loved the most was how real the characters seemed - particularly the main character Julie. She wasn't perfect and happy all the time, she had lots of setbacks and had some days where she just had a bit of breakdown and felt crap, sometimes a bit irrationally. I just thought it was really great.

John Tucker Must Die looked like quite an amusing film, and it was, however it wasn't amazing, it was a bit of a laugh and I quite liked watching it, though I kind of hoped for a more conclusive ending - though it wasn't a bad ending.

Star Trek and Percy Jackson were my favourites from the films I watched, they were both fantastic. I kept meaning to watch Star Trek since it came out but I finally actually got round to watching it. The characters were great, the storyline was great and there were lots of funny moments and I-love-this-person! moments (about several different characters). But anyway, this is a film that I would definitely watch again and quite possibly buy.

Percy Jackson was also a brilliant film, I loved the plot, the special effects were great and the script and characters were also fab. It was very fun, the only thing looking back at it that I would've liked to be slightly different is the character of Annabeth - I think there could have been a bit more depth there, though it was still quite good, and they may have purposely tried to make her slightly more mysterious by not giving much away, however there was just something missing I think. Though the actress was rather good and I loved all the fighting scenes with Annabeth. But yeah, definitely another one to consider buying.

I've been watching so many rom coms that I forgot how much I love action/sci fi/fantasy sort of films, I definitely should watch more of them! Fabulous :).

1 comment:

Jingle Bella said...

Ooooh, I'm interested in watching Julie and Julia, and Percy Jackson ... sometime after exams :)