Thursday, July 17, 2008

Defenestrate

I learnt a new word today!

defenestrate
[verb]
throw through or out of the window; "The rebels stormed the palace and defenestrated the President"


Wonderful word. And rather fits into my feelings today as I'm a bit PMSy and haven't been in the best of moods (though after taking pain killers, watching "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" -good film- and eating junk food I feel significantly better).

Various things annoyed me today but I don't particularly feel like dwelling on them so instead I shall tell you about something that amused me on the train today. Two young lads (well, ok, probably only a year or two younger than me), were chatting near me and I wasn't really listening until I heard one of the boys say "No, you're wrong, an architect is one of those people who digs up bones and stuff", and they debated it a little and I think as I got off the train they decided they weren't sure. What do they teach children in schools these days?! They don't even know the difference between an architect and an archaeologist!
Actually I think I recognised at least one of the two as having gone to my secondary school, lol.
Well, at least the words have similarities; actually, thinking about it I don't quite know where I learnt what the meanings of those words were. Probably from reading as I have always read rather a lot. And watching things like 'Relic Hunter' (learning the meaning of 'archaeology', I mean).

Oh yes! And I've read all of the Circle of Magic books (inc. The Circle Opens quartet & The Will of the Empress). I also read 'Forevermore' this morning (not bad). And I still need to get around to browsing a couple of books I got from the normal public library.

Anywho, must bugger off now, I've also got 'Tomorrow Never Dies' out from the college library and I plan to watch it before I have to return it tomorrow.
Last day of college tomorrow! I'm going to miss art lessons with Franky :(.

No comments: